Thursday, February 10, 2011

Listed: Style Profile

I love to outfit my friends.  If you were to scroll through my iPhone photos you would see several pictures of my French bulldogs and a gazillion images of various products and clothing items.  I can’t help it.  When I am shopping and notice something that is PERFECT for one of my pals I always snap a picture of it and send it to them with a “this is so you” caption.  I have an eclectic group of wonderful friends that all have great taste and trademark looks.  I am going to share some of these friends with you and things I find for them.  You never know where you will find inspiration for your own look so I hope you enjoy!  I will call these posts “Listed: Style Profile”

Today I would like to introduce you to my friend Katie.  Katie is an “All-American Sweetheart.”  Born and raised in Beaumont, TX, Katie went to SMU and studied education and Spanish and is now a Spanish teacher in Dallas,TX.  She is from a family of all girls; Emily, Sarah, Katie and Megan…see what I mean by All-American??  She has a great sense of style that can best be defined as “Classic.”  I don’t think one would find too many Urban Outfitters items in her closet.  Her hair is never a mess.  She wears it curled or pulled back in a sleek ponytail.  She has beautiful light skin (amazing complexion), the longest lashes I have ever seen, and milk chocolate brown hair.  She owns pearls and is not afraid to use them.  Buzz words for Katie’s look: Timeless, classy, sharp, bright, structured, basic, beautiful, equestrian inspired, Southern, charming, feminine, and poised.  I hope this description has helped you “get to know” her so you can see where I am coming from when I share my “Katie Picks.”   (Most of these two looks are pulled from NM or TB, two of her favorite places to shop).


The Lovely Katie


This is something I could see Katie wearing to a brunch or something of that nature.  It is easy, yet put together.  Very Katie.

Laure Henley Top - Tory Burch

Preppy and casual.  Love the tie at the neckline.


Ankle Legging Jean - Tory Burch

Katie is petite and looks great in a skinny jean and I prefer dark jeans when they come to the ankle. 


Fireena Ankle Strap Espadrille - Ralph Lauren

Wedges are a Spring must have and these are classic brown espadrille taken to another level with the crisscross straps.   


Eddie Ballet Flat

I included a second shoe in this look because Katie isn't afraid to wear flats out (on the town).  Simple and easy and so versatile.


Vitello Daino Tote - Prada

Red is a great accent color.  I love this bag for Katie because its a "loud" item but structured.  I'm sure small bags are not practical when you are a teacher!


Pave Diamond Nobless Cable - David Yurman

Katie always polished off her look with accessories.  Never over does it.  She is a fan of Yurman so I though this and the Chain bracelet below looked like a fun combo to go with this look. 

Link Extra Large Bracelet - David Yurman


This look is to be worn for a night on the town or when she needs to look a little better than "casual."

Laricia Tunic - Tory Burch

This would be adorable on Katie.  Shows just the right amount of skin and would look great with her curled hair.  A great "Boho Chic" look for Spring. 


Ferris Flare - Hudson

While I love a skinny jean on Katie, I also am a fan of the wider leg pant trend for Spring and these jeans are great.  Still close fitting in certain areas so that she won't look gigantic (big shirt on top + wide pants =NO).  Also, I like that they hide some of the shoe because I picked a shoe that is a little "too matchy" but works well for Katie.

Crochet Strap Wedge - Stuart Weitzman

I love these!  For me, Katie, and everyone else! I have them and they are a great shoe for the season.  Come in several colors but I chose this orange (exclusively at NM) because it just reminded me of her to have the "perfect" shoe to go with an outfit.


Philomena Stone Studded Clutch - DVF

This is a great item to have in your closet.  Goes with everything!  Katie is a very practical person and this is an item I can see her purchasing.  I love the detail and that it is large enough to carry more than a stick of gum.


Rock Candy Drop Earings - Ippolita

Katie has a lot of turquoise because it looks great on her!  Also, turquoise can go with just about anything and Katie being one to always look put together would definitely wear these often!


Four Stone Howlite Cuff - Devon Leigh

This might not catch Katie's eye but I think it would be a great finisher to this look!

Hope you liked "meeting" Katie!!  Let me know if you want me to feature you!!

1 comment: