Monday, February 21, 2011

Listed: Charelston Chic

A word I’m much fonder of now than ever: Friday!!  I had a span of time where every weekend was taken up by weddings or pre-wedding parties.  Though exhausting at times, I truly love events and weddings because well isn’t the main focus a celebration of some sort?  Celebration = FUN!  Today I looked at my calendar and realized wedding season is just around the corner!  YAY!  To kick off my season, I am invited to a wedding in Charleston, SC for my sweet friends Ashley and Christopher.  I am so excited!  Not just because I get to see Barbie and Ken (they are both highly attractive and just wonderful) tie the knot but also to visit a town I have heard so much about!  In thinking about my future vacation I will dedicate this post to clothes that are a little more on the preppier side of the runway or should I say, Charleston chic. 

These first few items are from Lilly Pulitzer.  Pause.  I KNOW what you are thinking and let me be the first to tell you that things have changed over at the Pulitzer house.  I would even go as far as to say that many of you would have no clue as to where these items were pulled from if I didn’t already spill the beans.  Take a look and let me know if you agree that things have changed for the better!



I've seen this dress just about every season and I still love it.  The Shayna Dress is a great staple to have in your closet as it can be dressed up or down.  Great Easter dress...don't worry Ashley, I will not pack this for your wedding :)  Reminds me of something my friend Allison from Three Branches Health would wear!





Really like this colorful print but can't decide which way I like it best.  Both are perfect for a weekend at the beach!



I think this dip dyed scarf would pair well with just about all of these looks from Lilly Pulitzer and you never know when the temperature is going to drop when you are traveling.  (Unless you are in Texas...its a sure bet you will not need this scarfs assistance.)




Navy is a great color on just about everyone and this dress is a great pick for just about anything!  The dress is pretty plain so you can get creative with lots of gold jewelry and wear it to a formal occasion or opt for some flats and a dip dyed scarf for a casual day look.


These short are pretty average but I love the color!  They are calling it "Worth Blue" and it looks like the perfect cross between a Carolina Blue and a Royal.  Best of all, they are only 54 bucks!



Ok, the print on this skirt screams Lilly Pulitzer but the length/cut is a little shorter than the norm from LP and I love it.  The scalloped hem is a great touch to make this skirt look even more femanine than it would if it were a straight hem. 




Really love this Susan dress.  It is easy, summer-y, and could be dressed up or down.  Also is a good traveler as its silk cotton single knit jersey cannot wrinkle. 



When I think about “preppier” brands I always loop Tibi in there with Lilly Pulitzer, Milly, Shoshana, Trina Turk, J. Crew, Vineyard Vines and so on, even though most of the Tibi collection is bit more sophisticated.  Nonetheless, there are some great pieces in the collection that would be perfect for my trip!


I love this Beaded Long Caftan Dress by Tibi.  Would be perfect to wear to the actual wedding or a bridal luncheon.  Would all come down to accessorie selection.




I guess I have a thing for this lilac color but this Beaded GGT Tunic by Tibi would be the perfect thing to have if you didn't plan on "freshening up" post trip to the pool.



I love this Charlie Shirt Dress.  Perfect to wear when exploring the city!




I love white shorts for Sprummer and these are going to have to be added to the shopping cart.  The buttons are such a cute detail that make these a step above your average summer short.



Again, really loving the lilac Tibi is using in so many of their pieces.  Perfect for by the pool or out for dinner!


 

1 comment:

  1. DEFINITELY changed for the better! My sister-in-law wore an all-Lilly outfit on vacation and LP would have been my last guess. SO cute! And as for the mini white-eyelet dress? I can already see myself in it... Now if only I could look like HER!

    ReplyDelete