Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Listed: G Money

Gweneth is all over the place these days and I LOVE it.  I know I have already confessed my love of her to you all but I now feel the need to back it up.  I think if I could be anyone in life it would be her.  With an actress for a mother and famous producer as a father, Gwyneth was destined to be in the entertainment industry.  I say entertainment industry because she has touched pretty much all the bases.  Actress, singer, reality tv star, rock star wife, famous blogger, the list goes on and on.  She learned Spanish when she lived in Spain at age 15 while studying abroad.  How cool is that?  So to cut to the chase, here are a few reasons she is my celeb wannabe. 


She stared in two of my favorite movies of all time:





Gave us one of my favorite love songs:  Cruisin’ – duet with Huey Lewis


Endorsed a book that changed the way I eat:



Is also obsessed with Jay-Z.


We share the same obsession with Jay-Z as she recently noted at the Oscar’s (while looking wonderful in Calvin Klein).  She even got to join him on stage once…what a birthday gift.

Gwyneth Paltrow duets with Jay-Z
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow has made a surprise appearance with rap legend Jay-Z at London's Royal Albert Hall.
The star of Shakespeare in Love and Proof sang the chorus of Song Cry from the rapper's classic Blueprint album. "She was a bit nervous but her performance was really excellent," says 1Xtra DJ G Money, who was at the gig. Other onstage guests included Paltrow's husband, Chris Martin, Beyonce and rap star Nas. It was the first hip-hop gig to take place in the Royal Albert Hall. "It was an historic event," said G Money. "We were in the same seats that you've seen at the Proms. It was amazing." Jay-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, was backed by a 25-piece orchestra and a DJ for his set. Surprise performance Chris Martin duetted on an untitled song from the rapper's new album, and added vocals to another track from Blueprint, called Heart Of The City (Ain't No Love). The Coldplay star's performance had been rumoured before the concert, but his wife's appearance was more of a surprise. "People were like: 'Who is this chick that's in the spotlight?'" said G Money. "Then Jay-Z said: 'I want people to wish a happy birthday to my good friend Gwyneth Paltrow'. "Everyone was like: 'Are you for real?'"


Put that Spanish to use when she filmed: Spain…on the Road Again were she got to travel around Spain with Iron Chef Mario Batali, NY Times food writer Mark Bittman and Spanish actress Claudia Bassols (funny last name).  Each episode featured a new region of Spain’s culinary scene.  D R E A M. 


Naturally I am crazy about her blog GOOP.com which encourages readers to 'nourish the inner aspect.'  If you don’t receive the emails, sign up today!


She is married to the lead singer of Coldplay.  ‘Nuff said.



Is a Gleek which lead to this…

(A cover of an all time favorite song of mine, Umbrella by Rihanna.)

Which lead to this…

(Please tell me you saw this.  If not, Google Gwyneth at the Grammy's 2011)


Honestly, the list goes on so heads up for another post about G Money, but I actually have to get to work today!









No comments:

Post a Comment