Friday, March 11, 2011

Listed: Coming Soon...

I want to apologize for the lack of consistency in my posts!  There are several days I don’t even log on to my computer.  Today is another busy day but I wanted to preview a few things I planned to write about next week.  First, I have been invited to an overwhelming amount of wedding showers already and its only March!  I love the events but with so many, I have been at a loss when it comes to what to give.  I always refer to the couple’s registry but sometimes there just aren’t affordable options left or I don’t want to be the one with the “boring” gift.  I have thought of a few ideas to solve this problem.  At one of the showers I attended this year the bride was gifted a popcorn maker.  It didn’t strike me as a great gift idea until I tried the popcorn.  To get a visual, this is what I am talking about:



Its only $30 or so from Crate & Barrel which is a perfect price!  Package that bad boy up with a sack-o-kernels and you have a fun and different kitchen gadget to gift to the couple.  I plan to purchase one myself this weekend and play around with cooking options.  I plan to figure out a few solid recipes for the popcorn maker that I could print out on cute paper and attach to the gift in order to add a personal touch!  (already on the grocery list: cinnamon, pink salt, truffle oil…. the possibilities are endless!)  I will update next week with the results!

I also plan to hit the kitchen this weekend while I’m in Houston.  (so much easier to cook when I have the amenities of my parents kitchen!)  So expect some recipes and how tos in the near future! 

As for a touch tunes moments… call me a pop princess because I’m hooked on these two jayamzzz:



And as for a laugh, this came up when I Googled TGIF images: 


WHAT????




 

No comments:

Post a Comment